Joseph S. Moloznik was born on May 20, 1927 in Whitney, PA and passed away at home on January 8, 2021 at 92 years old with his loving wife Betty at his side. After graduating from Latrobe High School, he joined the Army Air Corps in 1945 and was recruited by Army Intelligence. He was posted to the United States Embassy in Moscow from 1946 through 1948. While in Moscow, he applied by telegram to the University of Pennsylvania. He entered the Wharton School in 1949, and when the Korean War interrupted his studies he was recalled to active duty and posted to the Pentagon as an expert in strategic intelligence, achieving the rank of 1st Lt. He graduated from Penn in 1954 and married Betty Kendi, and they raised their family in the University City neighborhood of West Philadelphia. He graduated from the University of Pennsylvania School of Law in 1957 and practiced as a Philadelphia attorney for over 50 years, initially with the law firm of Goff and Rubin and then with Fell & Spalding. He and his extraordinary wife had six children: Mark (deceased), David, Karen, Douglas, Beth and Bruce, plus 13 grandchildren and 4 great grandchildren. Joseph and Betty Moloznik became fixtures in the West Philadelphia University City community. He established the Spruce Hill Community Association and was one of the founding members of the University City Swim Club, probably the first private, integrated swim club in Philadelphia. He represented the West Philadelphia Consortium and was active in community matters including the University City Arts League and Clark Park's annual May Fair. All of those institutions remain vibrant parts of the West Philadelphia community five decades later. He was also active with St. James Parish Council, the West Philadelphia Corporation, Boy Scouts of America and Philadelphia Bar Association. He helped establish a 25 member sportsmen's club in Central Pennsylvania in 1962 which is still active. Donations in his memory may be made to St. Francis Xavier Church Organ Fund, 2319 Green St. Phila., PA 19130.
- City Safari: Architectural wreck-o-vation hits many Catholic churches
- Washington Square West discusses revised plans for 11th and Walnut St. development
- Set Sail Into summer with Pirates At Adventure Aquarium!
- It’s official: Coco Gauff and Venus Williams have teamed up to play Doubles at 2021 French Open
- Pennsylvania Horticultural Society to Debut Jeff Leatham’s “Habitat” at the 2021 PHS Philadelphia Flower Show
- Philadoptables, Morris Animal Refuge, and Philly Auto & Parole Host low-cost Pet Vaccination Clinic
- City Safari: Pearl S. Buck: her books and her children
- Loss of popular Chester Avenue dog park, fecal samples and affordable housing
- Philly Theatre: On the brink of full recovery?
- City Safari: Remembering Anne d’Harnoncourt
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.